BNP Media Gift Card Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) August 1 – August 13, 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE ARE THE SAME AS THE CHANCES OF SOMEONE WHO PURCHASES SOMETHING. IT IS ILLEGAL TO GIVE ANY ADVANTAGE TO BUYERS IN A SWEEPSTAKES GIVEAWAY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2022, at 8 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 13, 2022, at 11 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s database clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries received after that date and time will be deemed ineligible to win. The winners will be selected and notified via email after the Promotion Period and on or before August 19, 2022. During the Promotion Period, Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com, and Eligible Persons should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER. During the Promotion Period, any Eligible Person may enter to win by (i) providing valid contact information and (ii) completing and submitting the survey which may be accessed from a link provided via an email from Sponsor (“Entrants”). Online entry by submission of the survey closes at the end of the Promotion Period. Only one entry per person.
The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All information provided by Entrant must be complete, true and correct. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Any incomplete or unintelligible entries will not be processed. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/sweepstakes subscription, notification entry or like sites or services that offers sweepstakes entry services “on behalf of” Entrant) is strictly prohibited. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, will void such Entrant’s entries and that Entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected survey submissions, which may be disqualified and destroyed.
Only the Authorized Account Holder of the email address that receives the Sweepstakes entry email from Sponsor is eligible to enter and win. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online provider or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder. No transfer of ownership of an entry is permitted. No entries will be accepted from or on behalf of a person who is not a verified advertising partner of Sponsor and does not comply with the eligibility criteria outlined above.
- PRIZES, WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. The winners will be selected and notified after the Promotion Period and on or before August 19, 2022. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of Entrants, and ten winners will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $100). The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of entries, as represented by the total number of eligible entries submitted to and received by Sponsor which comply with these Official Rules at the time the Promotion Period ends.
The winners will be notified by email at the email address provided to Sponsor and receive additional instructions to claim the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for any winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If any selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize as directed by Sponsor within two weeks from the time the award notification was sent, prizes may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Any prize returned as undeliverable may also result in such prize being forfeited.
Only one prize per person and per household. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The prizes will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the Eligibility Area. Any winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and other costs, fees and surcharges pertaining to the awarded prize, if applicable. Additional restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to allow Sponsor or anyone acting on Sponsor’s behalf, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent, to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Promotion Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfilment, including use in a publicly available winners list.
The receipt by any winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE GIVEAWAY OR PRIZES.
- TECHNOLOGY. If, for any reason, Sponsor is unable to conduct this Sweepstakes as planned due to technical failures, such as those caused by a computer virus, hacking, tampering, other unauthorized interference, technical failure, fraud, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which obstructs or otherwise adversely affects the proper administration, reliability, security, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry, and to disqualify any person found to have interfered or tampered with the Sweepstakes, and if deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may also, in its sole discretion, award any prize from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of such action. Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for any failure in transmission, however caused, including any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of information, or unauthorized access to entries, including damage or alteration. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, providers, hardware, software, or failure to receive any email or entry due to software failure, technical problems, human error or transmission congestion on the Internet or at any website, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmissions, or any combination thereof, including (i) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s, or any other person’s, electronic device or devices relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any materials relating to this Sweepstakes, or (ii) any restriction or impedance on your ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER PENALTIES, OR REMEDIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FROM ANY PERSON(S) ATTEMPTING TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE CONDUCT OF THIS GIVEAWAY OR TO DAMAGE THE WEBSITE.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. By participating in this Sweepstakes, all Entrants and winners release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates, assigns and agencies, including, without limitation, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, managers, members, owners, attorneys, predecessors, successors, assigns, employees, and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability or claims for any and all legal claims, charges, proceedings, suits, actions (including but not limited to tort actions, product liability actions, wrongful death actions, warranty actions, breach of contract actions, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, identity theft, loss of consortium claims), expenses, attorney’s fees, injuries, losses, illnesses, accidents, delays, irregularities, litigation or damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of their participation in the Sweepstakes, whether caused by negligence or not, and/or the acceptance, use, misuse, non-use or possession of the prize. Any portion of any prize not accepted by the winner(s) will be forfeited, and the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the winner(s) to accept or use any prize(s) (or portion thereof) for any reason. Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO REASONABLE ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO ATTORNEY’S FEES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS OF CLAIM TO PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ANY CLAIM MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
All Entrants agree to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND the Released Parties in any action or proceeding from and against all claims, damages, charges, injuries, losses, proceedings, suits, actions (including but not limited to tort actions, product liability actions, wrongful death actions, warranty actions, breach of contract actions, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, identity theft, loss of consortium claims), expenses and attorney fees that they or anyone on their behalf (including but not limited to their heirs, representatives or next of kin) have or might have for any death, injury, damage or claimed injury or damage arising out of, involving or relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes or for their failure to comply with the terms of the above release provision. This agreement to indemnify, hold harmless and defend applies even if the act or omission complained of was allegedly caused in whole or in part by the strict liability or negligence in any form of the Released Parties.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Sponsor’s decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the winners are final, and by entering the Sweepstakes Entrant agrees to abide by these Officials Rules and all of Sponsor’s decisions. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by either the U.S. District Court located in Oakland County, Michigan or the appropriate Michigan state court within Oakland County, Michigan (unless a Michigan mandatory venue statute applies, in which case the mandatory venue shall be the exclusive forum for disputes). By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waives any and all objections thereto.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to these Official Rules at any time without notice. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of Michigan, without respect to conflict of laws doctrines, and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state. Sponsor is the final interpreter of these Official Rules. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and Official Rules. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- SPONSOR. BNP Media, Inc. 2401 W. Big Beaver Rd., Suite 700, Troy, Michigan 48084.